Both of us have traveled to
The first thing we like to talk about in any area is generally the food and
When talking about New Mexican cuisine the first thing you have to mention is the chiles, either green chile or red chile de
A good question for you to ask when ordering is which sauce is hotter that day because it can vary tremendously from day to day and a good recommendation for a newbie is to get the sauce on the side so you can gauge the flavor and hotness because we are not talking gringo hot here. Consider ordering both so you can figure out your answer to the state’s official question. One question we have never gotten a satisfactory answer to how the roasters know the heat of the
We just have to mention a cou
New Mexican cuisine is so unique that we felt like the first timer needed an extensive overview. We a
Best New Mexican – there is no bad restaurants in this category, there are just some better than others. This is our attem
* La Salita – currently the
* Hello Deli – to us the best breakfast burrito in town.
* Los Cuates – large menu but the huevos rancheros and carne adovada are the highlights.
* Cervantes – close to where the business
* El Pinto – ambiance with outdoor seating is the draw here but the food is excellent too so best of both worlds. Only
* Sadies – at one time, when it was in the bowling alley, it was our favorite
* Taco Sal – truly a dive but some of the best New Mexican we have had,
Best alternatives – sometimes green chile three times a day can get to you if you know what we mean.
* Vivace – as mentioned before this is a great little Italian restaurant, try the
* Tuscanos Brazilian Grill – a Brazillian steakhouse in downtown
* Christy's – a sandwich
* Pelican – surf and turf kinda
* Lin’s Buffet – if you just have to have Chinese and a lot of it.
Chain Restaurants in the area – there are some that denigrate the chain restaurant and will not eat there if
* Rudy’s Bar-B-Que – out of
* Lubys Cafeteria – good homestyle cooking served cafeteria style at a reasonable
* Landry's – ate with some friends in Branson and really liked so decided to give it a try in Cor
* Cracker Barrel – breakfast served all day, great RV
Hate to see that they are closed
* Ron’s El Camino Real – may have been the best carne adovada known to man.
* Carraba's – one of our all time favorite
* Rockfish – decided to try it the first time thinking it was a Bonefish that we always wanted to eat at but was very ha
Next time – from the above it looks like we have a lot of eating to do the next time we go to
* Barelas Coffee House
* Dos Hermanos
* Standard Diner
We know we have left off some great
Till next time,
Bob & Jo
You can subscribe to this blog
You can also signu
NOTE: See our