Wednesday, October 12, 2016


Currently in Rio Rancho NM (Low 44 Mostly Sun Mixing with Clouds Currently 55)
Heading to Gallup NM (Currently 38 Mostly Sunny and Beautiful High 74) 

We've heard it said a number of different way, our plans are in jello, or we have no definite plans, etc. No matter how you say it you need to be flexible in your planning and never write them down in ink.

The more we got thinking about the slideout problems the more we got worried. If we continued our plan to get the slideout fixed once we got to Goodyear that we would be bringing in the slides and putting them back out 7 times. That number of times just increases the chance that maybe it won't work the next time. And then of course it would fail in the worst possible location with not a good mobile service in sight. So we have changed our plans and are now getting into Goodyear next week instead of late November.

We leave today for Gallup New Mexico for a few days then Winslow Arizona then Goodyear.

We leave you with a photo of Yoda and one of his sayings, "do or do not, there is no try". You can "try" to plan but life always interrupts.

Till next time,

Bob and Jo


  1. I think that's a good decision. I would be worried about the slide but you know I worry period. We have also speeded up our return to the valley. Not for any reason other than the closer we get the more we want to get back. We will probably be back next week also. So once we all get settled and issues taken care of, we'll get together. Safe travels.

  2. I am with Sandie....good decision. I would be too nervous about bringing it in and out too.