Friday, October 21, 2016

ARIZONA 303 LOOP

Currently in Goodyear AZ (Low 69 Sunny High 96) 

On the way to our park this trip we took the Arizona 303 Loop from I-17 to I-10. They have been working on the 303 Loop for a long time. The last time we drove it there was a few spots that weren't done. This trip it is all done, started out as a 2 lane road near I-17 and then a three lane road. Here is a photo closer to I-17.


Here is a map showing the 303 and the rest of the major roads in the greater Phoenix area.


As mentioned before they have been working on it for a long time and are still working on it. Don't know if they have plans for it but a ramp is needed at the I-17 intersection, right now it is a stoplight. At I-10 they are working at that intersection. Here is a photo showing the work as we approached I-10.


The long range plan is to extend the 303 Loop south then loop east and intersect with I-17 again. To do that they not only need to get the I-10 intersection but also the main east west road we use to get to the park, Van Buren. Here is the working being done diverting Van Buren for the time being around an overpass.


Progress is like everything else in life, a trade off. We liked the convenience and much lesser traffic of the 303 Loop on our drive here. But we know we are not going to like the increased traffic and building up of the area now that the 303 Loop is moving along. 

For those coming to Destiny this winter the 303 Loop is an excellent choice.

Till next time,

Bob and Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment