Monday, April 18, 2011

On our way back to the KC area - in Santa Rosa NM

We left yesterday from Grants NM and headed to Santa Rosa, about 190 miles. We checked the weather forecast and Monday and Tuesday would be very high winds in Santa Rosa so we figured we should leave Sunday because if not Sunday then we would have to wait until Wednesday. The high winds of 40 mph or higher wind gusts were forecast to start on Sunday afternoon, with 50 mph wind gusts on Monday and 60 mph wind gusts on Tuesday.

So Bob did his normal outside tasks on Saturday and when we got back from Mass we hooked up the truck so there would be less to do in the morning. We also raised the big foot levelers which made the fifth wheel a little more rocky than we like so we figure the next time we want to get an early start we will still hookup the truck but leave the big foot levelers down since it does not take that much time. With an early start and a short trip we arrived in Santa Rosa just before 1p. The winds picked up as we were setting up but we still felt comfortable raising our satellite antenna that is on the roof. With the high winds later we will lower the antenna and have to deal with cable TV and watching our shows live. Who says we are not roughing it!

Till next time,

Bob and Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment