Bob got an email yesterday that has interfered with our blogging, and our lives, ObamaCare has struck Bob again. Caution: there will be some ranting that follows. Note: only undeniable facts will follow, how they are interpreted is up to the reader.
The email that Bob got told him that United HealthCare, his ObamaCare provider, will no longer offer individual policies next year. Last year Blue Cross Blue Shield also dropped individual policies which sent him to United HealthCare this year. If this keeps up Bob thinks he may need one of these (a nut cup if you are unsure).
Here are the undeniable facts about ObamaCare in the two years Bob has had coverage:
- he lost his retiree medical coverage due to ObamaCare
- his premium has gone up 4 times
- his deductible has gone up 8 times
- his out of pocket max has gone up 16 times
- there are more uninsured now than there were when the legislation went into effect
- even with the subsidies ObamaCare is still too expensive for some of the people it was meant to help
- not a single Republican in the House or Senate voted for ObamaCare.
There are also some undeniable lies about ObamaCare:
- if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor (see above)
- if you like your insurance you can keep your insurance (see above)
- costs will go down (see above)
Bob is now researching options for next year and the costs will undoubtedly go up again. Whoever thought Bob would be yearning for Medicare, which unfortunately is a few years away. Just long enough for the politicians to screw that up.
Till next time,
Bob and Jo